There is a new version to this eBook. This original version is now $16.00. Some of the material is dated and I was working with Photoshop CS3.
Foreword by Arthur Morris:
“Denise Ippolito is about as creative, as hardworking, and as dedicated a photographer as you will ever come to know. And over the past fourteen months I have come to know her quite well. Her creativity is—as you will come to see as you are reading her Filter Guide—totally amazing. She can look at an average image, a simple snapshot, heck, even a bad photograph, and in seconds know exactly how to turn it into a piece of art using this filter or that effect. And then do just that in minutes. And most of the time she is working with the beautiful images of flowers and birds that she is so good at creating.
To quote our mutual friend, Kerry Perkins, one of Denise’s co-moderators on the BPN Out of the Box Forum where she has worked tirelessly helping other to improve their photography for more than two years, “First off, I want to say that the Filter Guide is an amazing work. There is so much information and so many wonderful images that I am just blown away that you managed to get it all together in one document! Wonderful work Lady D!”
Denise has worked incredibly hard on “A Guide to Creative Filters and Effects” and at the same time, worked incredibly hard at improving her writing skills. I congratulate her here on two jobs well done.” arthur morris/Indian Lake Estates, Florida. January 30, 2011
Below is a list of the filters and effects that are detailed in the Filter Guide. Filters with the ($) symbol require a separate purchase. Most of the others are Photoshop filters and one is a free download. The Filter Guide includes links to all available free trial downloads so that you can try before you buy. Though–as above–many of the filters can be found in various versions of Photoshop, most folks–including me before I edited this guide–have no clue that they exist and no clue as to how to use them. Each detailed tutorial section is written in a clear, concise, simple, easy to follow style that can be followed even by someone opening up Photoshop for the first time
* Topaz Simplify, Clean, & BuzSim Filter ($)
* Flaming Pear Filter (including Swerve ($), Twist ($) & Vein-a free download)
* Fractalius (including Denise’s Soft-Fix preset creation) ($–Windows only)
* Adding Texture (Photoshop)
* NIK Color Efex Pro including Midnight Filter ($)
* Omni Lighting (Photoshop)
* Pinch Filter (Photoshop)
* Twirl Filter (Photoshop)
* Ripple Filter (Photoshop)
* Radial Blur (Photoshop)
* Find Edges Filter (Photoshop)
* Orton Effect (Photoshop)
* Blank Canvas Creations! (Photoshop)
* The Mixer Brush
* The New Paste Special Option in CS-5 (Photoshop)
* DAP ($)
* Polar Coordinates and Mini-Worlds (Photoshop)
* Holiday Lights Creations (Photoshop)
* Snap Art 2 Impasto Filter ($)
* Creating Composites (Photoshop)
* Creating Your Own Brush Presets (Photoshop)
* Using Blend Modes Creatively
* Using Layer Masks and Inverse Layer Masks Creatively (CS versions of Photoshop)
* Kaleidoscopes (Free Plug-in, Windows only)
* Combinations of all of the above!
To purchase a copy of this PDF ebook please click on the link below.
Once you hit the Buy Now button you will be transferred to Paypal to pay the price of the ebook. Upon completion of payment you will be instructed to return to the vendor site which will be your confirmation page with immediate access to your ebook. You will also receive an email confirmation of your order.