Below is a list of the filters and effects that are detailed in the Filter Guide. Filters with the ($) symbol require a separate purchase. Most of the others are Photoshop filters and one is a free download. The Filter Guide includes links to all available free trial downloads so that you can try before you buy. Though–as above–many of the filters can be found in various versions of Photoshop, most folks–including me before I edited this guide–have no clue that they exist and no clue as to how to use them. Each detailed tutorial section is written in a clear, concise, simple, easy to follow style that can be followed even by someone opening up Photoshop for the first time.
Written by Denise Ippolito and edited by Arthur Morris.
* Topaz Simplify, Clean, & BuzSim Filter ($)
* Flaming Pear Filter (including Swerve ($), Twist ($) & Vein-a free download)
* Fractalius (including Denise’s Soft-Fix preset creation) ($–Windows only)
* Adding Texture (Photoshop)
* NIK Color Efex Pro including Midnight Filter ($)
* Omni Lighting (Photoshop)
* Pinch Filter (Photoshop)
* Twirl Filter (Photoshop)
* Ripple Filter (Photoshop)
* Radial Blur (Photoshop)
* Find Edges Filter (Photoshop)
* Orton Effect (Photoshop)
* Blank Canvas Creations! (Photoshop)
* The Mixer Brush
* The New Paste Special Option in CS-5 (Photoshop)
* DAP ($)
* Polar Coordinates and Mini-Worlds (Photoshop)
* Holiday Lights Creations (Photoshop)
* Snap Art 2 Impasto Filter ($)
* Creating Composites (Photoshop)
* Creating Your Own Brush Presets (Photoshop)
* Using Blend Modes Creatively
* Using Layer Masks and Inverse Layer Masks Creatively (CS versions of Photoshop)
* Kaleidoscopes (Free Plug-in, Windows only)
* Combinations of all of the above!
A Guide to Creative Filters and Effects is available as a PDF download for only $38.00. Use your paypal account or credit card by selecting the “BUY NOW” button on the right sidebar of this blog.