Longwood Gardens ~ Spectacular as Always

_65C8815Longwood-Gardens

Image © 2012/Denise Ippolito Photography

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE A LARGER VERSION

I just conducted my 3rd annual Christmas Spectacular Workshop at Longwood Gardens in PA. This years displays were unique and also spectacular. The conservatory is always filled with beautiful displays of flowing flowers however this year they did something completely different. In the Exhibition Hall (marble floor fountain area) they added grass to the floor and brought in a large long table and filled it with all of the decorations needed for an elegant holiday dinner party complete with chairs that were adorned with elaborate taffeta bows. I was told that Dupont would have his holiday dinner parties here in the conservatory and it was set up in a similar manner. I felt like I was standing in a fairy tale village inside the conservatory, it was magnificent! In-camera HDR with the Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Camera. I added Poster Edges in Photoshop, a touch of Fractalius and the Duplex filter in Nik Color Efex 4 (use code BAA to save 15%).

Image © 2012/Denise Ippolito Photography
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Camera,Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens
f/3.2 manual mode, manual focus, natural lighting- the flowers in the background were hot pink Kalanchoes.
This White Amarylis is from the same capture as the top featured image above but for this one I added the Duplex filter in Nik Color Efex 4. I liked the “old world look” that the filter added.

Image © 2012/Denise Ippolito Photography
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Camera,Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens
A three image in-camera multiple exposure of a pink Poinsettia.

______________________________________________________________ denise ippolito

Weekend Creative Nature Photography Seminar, Tampa, FL: February 23 & 24, 2013: $149 with Arthur Morris & Denise Ippolito
CLICK IMAGE FOR DETAILS & SIGN-UP

[Not a valid template]

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio

photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Support my efforts here at A Creative Adventure by making a variety of purchases using the multiple links in the logo above. Remember, B&H ain’t just photography!

1. Don Schroder says:

I agree, spectacular as always…both the Christmas display and your work. Look forward to seeing more from the shoot.

2. Len Saltiel says:

Beautiful flower shots Denise. I haven’t been to Longwood Gardens since the early 80′s and I was just starting to get into photography. May have to visit next time I am down there.

3. lisa says:

What a great time! I just love the background and water drops on the lily that you photographed! and that table was spectacular! 50 of his closet friends and family members — Imagine being invited to THAT holiday party.

4. denise says:

Mark, thank you kindly!

Len, You really need to get there. It is always a treasure!

Lisa, It was great seeing you and Tom yesterday. I couldn’t imagine being invited to such an elegant holiday dinner party! It was awesome, I can’t wait to see some of yours and Toms images from the weekend!

5. Debbie says:

Denise,
    I had such a great time learning from you! Thank you for a wonderful morning. I have some cool shots to work with and I can’t wait go back and see more of the gardens.
    Debbie

6. Dennis Bishop says:

Somewhere in a carousel of slides taken decades ago, are my most recent Longwood Gardens images. Maybe during the next trip through Pennsylvania . . .

Whenever I mention the gardens to anyone who’s lived anywhere near there — and that happened just a few weeks ago — their eyes glow as they remember how beautiful it is. It’s too bad they haven’t seen your Longwood images. I really like the range in looks of the ones you posted, here. Each is wonderful in a different way.

7. denise says:

Mark, Thanks so much :)

Debbie, It was a pleasure to have you and Sherb along. You are both talented photographers, I can’t wait to see some of your images-you have a great eye!

Dennis, I get the same reaction from folks, the place is truly a gem! Thank you for your kind words, they are most appreciated!

8. Susan Dimock says:

Hi Denise, I love the Pink Poinsettia…so soft and interesting. The multiple exposure really draws you in to check out what’s going on! Want one of those Mark III’s! And those tables on the grass…lovely. Thanks for the comments on my images…can’t wait for your visit and learning more from you. :-)

9. denise says:

Susan, Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. The Mark III is the bomb! Loved your images, especially the blurs!

Edith, Thank you so much!

Anita, Thanks so much for the comment :) Anita will be joining us on the MiniMag as one of our newest Contributors!!