ArtOGraph Lightpad

Hydrangea

Image © 2013/Denise Ippolito Photography

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE A LARGER VERSION

To create the images above I started with an old Hydrangea and took each delicate petal off of the stem and placed them onto the Lightpad (I didn’t spend a lot of time placing them as I didn’t want them to look too contrived), next I photographed the flowers using my Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Camera and my Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Autofocus Lens, mounted on my Gitzo GT3530LS Tripod. I chose an f/13 and used mirror lock-up and a remote. I wanted to be sure to capture a very high-key image so I exposed to the far right on my histogram checking carefully not to get too many blinkies (highlight alerts) on my flower petals, by doing so the background would render bright white.

The very top featured image was processed using a slight curve adjustment and Nik Color Efex 4 (use code BAA to save 15%) with the slightest amount of Topaz Simplify. The blue version was processed using Nik Color Efex 4’s Cross Balance Filter- Tungsten to Daylight at a reduced opacity.

Flower Photography Seminar/Workshop March 22-23, 2013 ~ $99 with Denise Ippolito
Sponsored by Hunts Photo
CLICK IMAGE FOR DETAILS & SIGN-UP

[Not a valid template]

Don’t forget to check out the MiniMag
i-SwPDX82-XL

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio

photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Support my efforts here at A Creative Adventure by making a variety of purchases using the multiple links in the logo above. Remember, B&H ain’t just photography! Another way to support my blog is to use the Amazon link below for your purchases, thank you :)

1. David Steele says:

I like the delicate images you have created, Denise, and look forward to seeing some more examples in time. Isn’t amazing what creativity digital photography offers us?

2. David Steele says:

That last sentence could be misread. What I should have said is: The creative opportunities offered by digital photography are amazing!

I could also have added: . . . especially in the hands of a talented photographer.

3. denise says:

Hi David, Thank you, I appreciate your kind words :) We are certainly lucky to live in the digital age!

4. Andrea Boyle says:

Intersting product and great photos! I put a ligtbox app on my iPad which also gives a sheet of light but of course, it isn’t as big. I may need to look into the Lightpad because I’m disappointed with my regular lightbox…

5. Cheryl Slechta says:

Hi, Denise, these are beautiful! You’ve inspired me to get my Lightpad out again :)

6. denise says:

Hi Frank, Thanks so much., we went to Lonaconing this weekend past I couldn’t help but think of you and the OMD!

Andrea, I gotta get some Apps! I never use my phone but I need to start :)

Thanks Phillip, much appreciated.

Hi Cheryl, I can’t wait to try something else out-hopefully I’ll have time this week :)

Thank you Len, I appreciate it!

7. Susan Dimock says:

Hi Densie, I ordered a lightpad after I read Cheryl Slechta’s article in the minimag but I haven’t used it yet! ….thanks for the further inspiration to do so! I get so many ideas from your blog and mag! These Hydrengea images are delicate and beautiful!

8. Pingback: More Hydrangeas | A CREATIVE ADVENTURE photography by denise ippolito

9. Jim Egerton says:

As usual Denise just beautiful. Simple and complete. I fortunately have an old very good slide light box that works well so I will give some of my more thin or transparent peddles as go.

10. denise says:

Hi Susan, thank you and I can’t wait to see your images!

Hi Jim, Thank you kindly! Give it a try, let us know how it woks out!!

11. Denise, I love your light box flowers! Bryan Peterson showed how to do that with white plexiglas on top of a lit soft box. My problem was finding white plexiglas:(

12. denise says:

Thanks John, much appreciated.

Hi Winnie, you could use clear plexiglass and a thin parchment paper(you don’t have to use the paper) with a flash underneath.

13. Diane Dugas says:

I really like your creativity, you are a source of inspiration, this is a great idea, I am going to try it using my android tablet, not sure that my flashlight app will work, will see, I let you know:)