Rocky Mountain High!

I am in Colorado filming for my upcoming on-line course.

The first day of shooting is complete and I have to say, I was a little nervous and I hope it didn’t show on camera. My hair was in a tight braid and plastered to my head with hairspray. I also had a lot of make-up on my face. BUT, the mountains are gorgeous and the crew is great!

I have been drinking a lot of water making sure that I don’t have any problems with the altitude. Coming from sea-level I was concerned since I wouldn’t have any time to acclimate. I haven’t had any issues.

Other than minor complaints about my hair and make-up I am really enjoying the experience and the folks I’m working with. They are a fresh, current, group of talented videographers, producers and such. The owners of the company are from one of the major software companies. I like the vibe of the company and hope to work with them again.

I have hair and make-up today at noon then we head to the park to film one of the lessons. We have had a lot of clouds so I am excited to see some of the mountains that should be visible today.

The image is from my first day scouting before we actually filmed. It started to snow lightly just as I was shooting the scene. We saw a Moose and her calf just near the tree line as we were leaving. In post-processing I cropped it to more of a pano, and created a high-key look. There are mountains in the background-you just can’t see them. I love Colorado!!

1. Dave Klein says:

Have a great time out there, Denise. I look forward to seeing the product and hope all goes well. Safe travels, filming and adventures!

2. Now you’ve gone and made me homesick. 🙁 We lived in Colorful Colorado for 8 years. I know you’ll love it there, but take it easy for a few days till you’re accustomed to the altitude. 🙂

Hey, exactly where are you filming in CO? I am so enjoying the awesome green spring here in my new home in Arkansas that I certainly do not yet miss that CO snow! Let us know when/where we can watch the video.

4. ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! Our son moved to CO (just outside Boulder) 2 years ago to accept a great job offer. Needless to say it’s beautiful country with endless photo opportunities. Safe travels Denise! I too will look forward to what I am sure will be a terrific video!

5. David Steele says:

I hope all goes well Denise . . . I’m sure your new course will be very successful!

6. Sharon says:

And “I knew her before she was a famous movie star!” I’m sure it will be fabulous! Break a leg!

7. Stephen Lodwick says:

A new star is born…sign me up for the online course. Great idea, just have fun with it.

Hope you get some breaks in the clouds so you can enjoy the mountain views. Looking forward to the video when completed. Travel safely.

9. denise says:

Hi all!
    I just got back home and I am feeling extremely tired. It was a great experience and I enjoyed my time in Colorado very much. I look forward to a return visit in the near future. Thanks so much for all of your well wishes and support. It truly means the world to me 🙂

10. denise says:

Thanks Cheryl and Muriel, I appreciate your support! The video should be a riot 🙂