Charleston, It’s a Wrap!

Image © 2016/Denise Ippolito Photography ~ Topaz Impression and Topaz B&W Effects

I am back home in New Jersey after a flight delay leaving Charleston yesterday. I can’t tell you how nice it is to be laying in my own bed typing this blog post 🙂 . I need to get up and start packing for Namibia. I will be leaving NJ in 3 days. My first priority is to see my grand kids and give them lots of hugs and kisses. Try to catch up on my bills and mail. In addition I need to unpack, wash my clothes, pack my bag again and arrange for transportation to JFK. Yikes! It seems overwhelming at times but “one day at a time” and “I can do it”. Positive thinking always helps me get things done. If I told myself over and over again that I could never get everything done, I probably couldn’t. There is a soft voice inside of me saying you can do anything you want if you try hard enough -within reason anyway!
* The top preview image was created with the help of Topaz Simplify BuzSim.

Image © 2016/Denise Ippolito Photography ~ Old Headstone with Topaz Simplify BuzSim

Image © 2016/Denise Ippolito Photography ~ In-camera zoom blur

Image © 2016/Denise Ippolito Photography ~ In-camera multiple exposure, that I enhanced in Photoshop with some creative techniques

Image © 2016/Denise Ippolito Photography ~ Toned in Topaz B&W Effects

Image © 2016/Denise Ippolito Photography ~ Enhanced with a gradient filter in Photoshop, stay tuned for my tutorial on gradient filtering-coming soon!

To learn more about Creative Filtering, check out my newest filtering eBook “A Guide to Creative Filters & Effects II”, edited by Carol Carson.

If I have inspired you to purchase any of the Topaz Filters I would appreciate it if you used my link on the right hand side of my blog. To make sure that I get credit for the purchase, simply click the Topaz link and browse the site and make your purchase. Thank you. I truly appreciate the support of my work and blog. Remember the purchases have to be made through my website.

1. Eloise Carson says:

Denise, you are always an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your blog. I’m looking forward to having more time to experiment with your techniques.

2. Francis says:

Lovely images once again. Have a safe journey and stay in Namibia. Looking forward to your pictures from that country.

3. Muriel McClellan says:

They are all beautiful. Especially love the tress with the Topaz Impression.

4. Judy Boyd says:

What a pleasure to view your images! Thank you for sharing your expertise and giving your heart and your effort to make this Creative Adventure a success.

5. Lori Labrecque says:

I’ve been loving your Charleston images. Would love to get there in the next couple of years.

6. Gretchen Gross says:

Beautiful images. I learned so much from you in Charleston. Can’t wait to practice some of the amazing post processing tools you showed us. I feel much more comfortable with my camera. You are a fabulous teacher. Safe travels .

Denise, love the images, particularly the trees. Did you get a chance to try any IR imagery?

8. Sue Eberhart says:

You are an inspiration, Denise, in your creative work and in the way you live your life. I look forward to your new images from Namibia. Safe travels.

9. Michael Zajac says:

All of these are great but I especially like the bridge. Have a great time in Namibia and take lots of great pics. Safe travels, see you when you get back.

10. Love the creative processing for these images Denise, especially the tree photos…they turned out amazing, and beautiful tones in the bridge capture too!!! Safe travels to Namibia…looking forward to seeing your imagery from the trip 🙂

11. denise says:

Thank you all for the very kind comments. I did try out some IR and will post a version of Angel Oak soon, thanks!

12. Len Saltiel says:

What a gorgeous set of images Denise. Your work keeps getting better and better and that is saying a lot.

Thank you very much Len, I appreciate it.