2nd Surgery for Jaxson

Well, we had hoped that Jaxson was not going to need a second surgery however, after sending video tapes and measurements to Dr. Park, he has decided that the heel cord surgery will benefit Jaxson. I am again, worried sick but I know that he will be in good hands and I have complete faith in Dr. Park’s abilities. I also want every effort to be made to help Jaxson have a brighter future.

A special heartfelt thank you to everyone that has commented and shown their support. Our local PBA has even gotten involved. I can’t tell you how nice it is to see our local community as well as people from around the world reaching out to help Jaxson. Anytime that I get afraid or worried or even down in the dumps, I remember how lucky we are and I remember the sign below that my daughter shared with me after her first visit to St. Louis Children’s Hospital.

This was a sign that my daughter saw when she first walked through the doors at the St. Louis Children’s Hospital, I love it! It is so inspirational and I keep it tucked away in my heart. Below are my two sunshines. Jaxson and Tanner. My daughter captured this image of the two boys when Jaxson was in rehab, she used her iphone.

If you would like to read more about Jaxson’s Journey CLICK HERE. We hope to bring awareness to other families that have no idea that this surgery is available and that some insurance policies cover the surgery. We had to find this information out on our own, not one doctor or therapist along the way even mentioned it to us. This is not a cure for CP, but it makes a great difference in the quality of the lives of those who have had the procedure.
Fingers crossed, wish us luck!
Hugs, denise

Also, I am sorry for the duplicate posts that I have been sending out-I had no idea, thanks to Dennis Bishop for the heads up.

1. Adit Merkine says:

My thoughts and prays are with you, Denise, and your family for Jaxon’s speedy recovery. Hugs, Adit

Hi Adit, thank you for your very kind words, they are greatly appreciated.

2. Lori Franzen says:

Thinking possible thoughts for you and your family. Hang in there.

Hi Lori, thanks so much, I appreciate it, and I’ll try!

3. Richard Carlan says:

Only the best for Jaxson, sometimes it’s hard to be a grandparent.

Yes it is! Thank you Richard, It seems we love them so much it is scary 🙂

4. Lynn Fulton says:

Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome for Jaxson! Hugs…

Thanks so much Lynn, I truly appreciate it.

5. Gisela Schroeder says:

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
    Especially Jaxson is in may prayers.

Thank you so much Gisela, I appreciate it.

6. Trudy Walden says:

Will continue to pray for your precious grandson. I see what a ray of sunshine he is in your lives. Praying for Dr. Parks and his team.

Tryudy, you are so sweet, thank you so much for your kind words!

7. Jerry says:

Peace, love and faith. The worry for our children and grandchildren pervades our lives. I pray for healing and comfort to all.

Hi Jerry, thank you so much. I appreciate your kindness.

8. Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Stay strong. Help is here if you need it.

Hi Joe, thank you so much. Jaxson just got out of surgery about 20 minutes ago. Everything went well, we can only hope for the best now. Thank you for all of your support.

9. Judy Burr says:

Denise,
    So glad Jaxson had positive results from his first surgery. Best wishes and prayers for all your family as he has more surgery. The boys are adorable and I know how much they mean to you.

All the best.
    Judy

Hi Judy, thanks so much for your concern, He made it through the second surgery and the Dr. said that all went great!
    Denise