Springtime

Now that the winter months are over, a new life awakens around us. Photography opportunities are as abundant as ever; stimulating both spirit and mind. Crocus and Daffodils emerge from the ground like shooting stars. The fresh scent of grass wafts through the air while delicate faces of pansies greet us with bursts of color.

Everywhere I look I see newly formed blossoms. The trees that have been stark and grey are now alive with fresh green foliage and young buds. With each new season comes a challenge to photographers to capture the beauty that they see before them in a new and exciting way.

If you always shoot extreme close-ups than try something new. Alternatively, if you always include backgrounds in your photos, try to move in tighter-maybe try an extension tube. Whatever it is that you usually do, change it up a bit. By using multiple flowers for the background and placing the stems in a rule of third position I was able to create a different look for my flower image above. I also liked the patch of green in the shot.

1. Dennis Bishop says:

That first paragraph is as beautiful as the image.

Good advice about trying something different . . .

Thank you kindly Dennis!

2. Muriel McClellan says:

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful image and encouraging trying something new.

Hi Muriel, thanks so much! Paul and I are in Namibia, wish you were here!

3. Dixie Pearson says:

Thank you, Denise! I’m going to go out and try something new today! It’s a grey day here, but there are always daffodil and
    tulip opportunities. Beautiful image!

Thank you kindly!

Nice image. I have already been haunting the crocus fields around my part of the world and they are just great. Thanks for the suggestion to try something new. Too often I forget. 🙂

Thanks so much Ron, I appreciate it.

5. Sue Eberhart says:

Always encouraging to explore new ideas, thank you Denise.

Hi Sue, thank you so much, I appreciate your support!

6. Adit Merkine says:

Beautiful shot, as always. Denise. Many thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Adit

Thanks so much Adit, it means a lot.

7. Ann says:

Loved this shot Denise. And agree with your choice to include the green… which probably would give some camera club judges something to object to!

Thanks Ann, never worry about those judges, follow your heart.

8. Jennifer Walton says:

love the choice of putting the stem on the rule of thirds.

Thanks so much Jennifer! I appreciate the kind words.

9. denise says:

Greetings everyone from Namibia!! I finally made it 🙂
    Thank you all for your kind comments and I will be posting as soon as I have some images!!

PS Ann, keep those judges on their toes 🙂

10. Kathy Graff says:

This is a great photo Denise, it just flows. And the colors work so well together. Your comments about your images are always very helpful.

Thanks so much Kathy, I appreciate it!

11. Lois Kane says:

Lovely and inspiring. I am spending the winter in Texas and am missing the bulbs, but got some lovely macros of a Plumeria yesterday.

Sounds beautiful! Thank you.