My Xploration Awesome Planet Episode

You may remember I posted that while I was in Florida photographing, the producer of an educational earth science TV series called Awesome Planet contacted me to ask if I would be interested in appearing in an episode of Xploration Awesome Planet that would air nationwide on syndicated FOX networks (typically Saturday mornings). The show is hosted by Philippe Cousteau, grandson of Jacques Cousteau. I of course, said YES!

They were doing a segment on artists and photography was one of the mediums. The film crew met me at Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area in PA for the Snow Geese/Tundra Swan migration. The episode aired already once and will air again December 4th, 2017 and again two times in 2018.

*Top image courtesy Jim Fennessy

1. Don Schroder says:

Congrats! You did really good. I liked how you emphasized wildlife photography is a great way to explore nature whether it’s around the world or in your backyard. And if you’re patient, you’ll get the shot. Well done!

Thanks Don, I was a bit worried because I wasn’t sure if I looked a little stiff!

2. Susan Rotando says:

So well done, nothing to laugh about here! Fun to see.

Hi Susan, thank you so much for viewing!

3. Vicki Santello says:

Tears of joy in my eyes for you Denise! Nothing to laugh about here. Brava !!

Awe… Vicki, thank you so much!

4. Joan Bush says:

Oh fooey~~!! When I clicked on the image it said, “sorry this video can only be viewed in the United States”. Congratulations Denise!! I wish I could have viewed it but I guess we Canadians don’t count.

Hi Joan,
    Thanks,
    It just might be that they are not streaming it through the same program as the US, Google Season 4 episode 2 Artists in their Environment on Xploration Awesome Planet, you should be able to find it on Hulu.

Very good interview. You appeared relaxed during the filming. Looks like Bosque in the East. Good job.

Thanks James, I was a bit nervous 🙂 It is a great location for locals.

6. Angela says:

You were great Denise! Congratulations in all you have accomplished. You should be very proud.

Thank you so much Angela, I truly appreciate it.

7. Lynn Ellwein says:

FANTASTIC!! Am happy you have received this accolade….

Thank you so much Lynn!
    Hugs, denise

8. Morris Herstein says:

You were great and of course an inspiration to all. I am so proud and honored to know you and look forward to my next workshop with you.
    Morris Herstein

Hi Morris, thank you so much for your kind comments.

9. Bruce says:

Great segment, thanks for sharing Denise! Your emphasis on patience is critical to this craft, and of course, just seeing in general – well done!

Thank you so much Bruce, I appreciate your kind words.

Great stuff. I will definitely put this in my schedule. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Ron, Thank you and let me know if you get to view it!

11. JP Bruce says:

Well done. Good explanations and helpful hints. I thought I had patience but I still don’t get the shot. 🙂 Hope our paths cross again soon.

Hi JP, thank you for your kind words. I hope our paths cross again soon, too.

12. Michael Zajac says:

Very cool, I am so proud of you and your accomplishments.

Thank you Michael for your continued support.

13. Rona Schwarz says:

Wonderful interview and great viewing for any wildlife photographer, or not! You were very relaxed, gave great tips, and it was so much fun to see you working from someone who has admired and followed you for years and has yet to meet you in person! Have to get better at planning ahead 🙂 Congratulations on another well-deserved accolade!

Hi Rona, thank you very much for your kind comments, I truly appreciate them.

14. Sharon says:

Thank you so much for sharing. Your passion was palatable Denise. You are an inspiration to so many. Congratulations!

Hi Sharon, thank you so much. I appreciate your support.

15. Lesliediana says:

Really glad you shared this. Your segment was so informative and dispelled the notion that these type of shots are so “easy” to shoot. In just a brief interview you taught a lot. Kudos.

Thank you so much Leslidiana for watching!

16. Craig Macinnes says:

What a wonderful programme Denise. Thank you for sharing with is

Thank you Craig, much appreciated!

17. Vickie McEnroe says:

Wonderful! A pleasure to see you work. Thank you for sharing. Smiles of enjoyment.

Hi Vickie, thank you very much, I appreciate your kind words.

18. Linda ONeill says:

Congrats Denise. Very well done. Your work is spectacular.

Hi Linda, that is very nice, thank you.

19. Loved seeing this (and yes, I could view it in Canada). Congrats for a job well done. That large lens looked almost as impressive as YOU!

Hi Laurie, thank you so much for your continued support of my work 🙂 You rock!

20. Richard Carlan says:

Denise, you are a natural. Well done.

Hi Richard, nice to hear from you, thank you kindly.

21. David Steele says:

Nice work Denise and nice to (almost!) see you in person. No problem with viewing here it in Australia.

Hi David, thank you very much and great to hear you could view it in Australia!

22. Raquel Gonzalez says:

Pretty awesome Denise!! You looked and sounded like a Pro. And the camera loved you and of course looking so slim ?

Hi Raquel, thank you so much. You are too funny!

23. Ann says:

Congratulations Denise. I hope Evie will help me to access the program here in Canada.