Death Valley Trip Report

Image © 2018/Denise Ippolito Photography ~ Zabriskie Point

My workshop at Death Valley ends later today directly after our early evening photo shoot. It has been a great 5 days for me. I truly liked this group of photogs and it almost went off without a hitch. During an afternoon photoshoot one of the participants fell and had to be taken to the hospital for a check up–Lucky that he was a pretty tough guy and everything worked out fine for him with the exception of 10 stitches. Still, throughout the entire time he never once complained or moaned or groaned. He was a trooper for sure. And it turns out that he and his wife are two of the kindest people I have ever met; I am glad that I had a chance to work with them both–even if our time was cut short.

I fly home tomorrow and then I’ll be home for about a week before heading to Japan. I need to get my Bolivia Visa still and a yellow fever shot for my Bolivia trip with friend Emily Carter Mitchell. It’s a girls road trip and I can’t wait! I also need to wire money everywhere for upcoming workshops. I need to get laundry done and gear replaced as I have had issues with my 24-105mm lens and it needs to go back to Canon. Depending on how much it costs to fix, I may just replace it. I need to book some flights for upcoming workshops. I have to follow up on a doctor’s visit that I was suppose to go to after Christmas and last but certainly not least I need to get some family time in.

Here are a few of my shots from my Death Valley workshop, I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed capturing them.

Image © 2018/Denise Ippolito Photography ~ Mesquite Dunes-one of my favorites from the trip

Image © 2018/Denise Ippolito Photography

Get the gear you'll need to capture your memories

Check out all of the Photo Gear youll need. Steady up your Shots Get a Tripod Check out all of the Photo Gear youll need. Get Spare Cards and Readers Protect your Gear Get Bags and Cases Dont forget that Lens Select a Spare Camera

Beautiful photos. I love the golden hour light over the rocks, the dunes, and the decision to keep the other photogs in the landscape shot for perspective as to the enormity of the scene. My first thought would have been to photoshop them out. But, your concept and perspective is better. I am still working my way through my Falklands images from your last workshop. I have no idea how you keep up this travel photography schedule.

Denise, You have such a wonderful eye for scenic images! These are terrific! I especially like the sand dune image! You most certainly are a busy girl. Have a good time in Japan!

3. Especially love the mesquite dunes photo, also the third one in the sequence – the composition and especially the subtle color gradations. I have no clue how you really do what you do. I know it’s our passion but I still don’t know how you do. But. Keep. It. Up. !!

4. Stephen Sheoskie says:

As usual all shots are creatively gorgeous and I’m sad that I wasn’t there for the shoot.

5. lynn ellwein says:

OUTSTANDING!!! I am transported to Death Valley…thank you for this interlude from my thoughts of our country.

6. sue eberhart says:

I knew the images would be outstanding and they are. Take a breath and forge on…I do not know how you do it!

Very nice images, Denise. I would tell you to stop and smell the roses, but you would probably want to photograph them too, so that wouldn’t be a break. Enjoy life while you can, who knows what the future will bring. 🙂

8. Susan Rotando says:

I’m so sorry I couldn’t work it out, looks like a fantastic trip. I know Jaxson is waiting for his hugs from you. Safe travels.

9. Evelyn Young says:

whew. Just reading about the list of things you need to do exhausts me but with all that, you managed to shoot your magnificent pictures once again. Bravo to you. Have fun in Japan.

10. Linda Seal says:

Wow, thinking of your schedule makes me tired! I hope you find the energy to get it all in. Enjoy your trip to Japan and then your girls’ trip. Your images, as always, are stunning.